Downloads in this area include all bug fixes available.
Users who should probably use this version are:
- New users
- Users with production environments
- Users who just want mpiBLAST to work
(Note: If you are looking for faster and more robust parallel BLAST with professional support, check out AbokiaBLAST.)
Short list of features:
- Adopted a hierarchical scheduling architecture that signifcantly improves program scalability on massively parallel computers.
- Updated NCBI BLAST support to a more recent version (2.2.20, released April 2009)
- Resolved the performance issues when searching large query files.
- Integrated support of IBM Blue Gene/L and Blue Gene/P systems.
See the README file inside the package for a list of run-time and configure options to get the best performance out of mpiBLAST.